Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Some Housekeeping and a Mini Challenge


Seems I’m having a little difficulty with my comment service- Disqus. Email notifications haven’t been coming through and I’m thinking it was because I was having issues with an increase in spam comments.  So please forgive me while I try and sort things out. And thank you for your kind comments on my last post.

Also –I think I mentioned a few posts back that I’ve been using my phone for photos. Once I started using the phone more it wasn’t long before I bumped into Instagram.It started out pretty innocently …wanting to keep in touch with family. Then I started using #s like  #knitting and well – while I wouldn’t say I’m addicted to it – I am really enjoying it. So just to let you know you can find me on Instagram as Fidlstix and it would be fun to see you there.


I will confess to have posted my fair share of cat photos and “selfies” and selfies with cat photos- but it’s all in fun!

The tricky thing for me has been deciding what photos go there and what photos go here and how much overlap is ok and then not to forget to add photos to Ravelry….and then how to squeeze some knitting in???



I have been getting some knitting in. In fact I decided to give myself a little challenge.

After knitting Tantallon I was really in the mood to get back to some colorwork. I love knitting hats to try out techniques. So I took the King Harold Street Hat from Ann Feitelson’s book "The Art of Fair Isle Kitting" as a jumping off point.

Here’s what I was interested in exploring…..
  • I wanted to use colors I had on hand – trying not to be tempted to run out to buy just the right color
  • I wanted experiment with some different cast on methods
  • I wanted to try the three decrease methods Feitelson discusses in her book
  • I also wanted to experiment a little with yarn dominance


Over the next few days I’ll share some notes and photos from my personal mini hat challenge.





No comments: