Thursday, December 17, 2015

Remembering Aberdeen



I stayed in Aberdeen for a few days on the way to and from Shetland. It was fun to get to explore the city and I was able to get some practical stuff - like laundry- done.




Mindless knitting on the train - so I could look out the window.



Early morning view of the ferry docks from my apartment.
Latter I stayed at The Globe, a tiny hotel over a pub. Would highly recommend it- I had no problem with noise, the room was very comfortable, and I was an easy walk to the gallery and my favorite coffee shop.


Favorite perch at Books and Beans.  I could have sat there forever watching people walk by. Book shop/coffee shops are such a perfect combination. I stopped in several times and no one batted an eye at my loitering.



              The Aberdeen Art gallery was wonderful -  
        I fell in love with the work of Winifred Nicholson.


         A early morning view of Aberdeen from the ferry.


More photos from Shetland and Wool Week to come-

No comments: