Saturday, March 19, 2016

Daydreaming

Its been difficult not to daydream about Scotland this weekend with the Edinburgh Yarn Festival in full swing and so many fun photos popping up in my Instagram feed. Looks like a blast and I'm ready to make a reservation for next year!

Some of the most exciting news to come out of the festival is the release of this year's special hat pattern for Shetland Wool Week. Talented Shetland designer Ella Gordon has been named the 2016 Patron and designed a wonderful color work hat that features the croft houses she has made her trademark.



To download a free pattern go to Shetland Wool Week website, fill out a short form and they will email you the download. I know I can't wait to cast on! Knitting the Wool Week Hat has been a fun way to "participate" in all the festivities even when I haven't been able to make the trip.


2014 Hat Designed by Hazel Tindall (knit by me)



2015 Hat designed by Donna Smith (knit by me)

No comments: